We are looking for an intern to join our team. If you’re currently studying accounting, finance or law that’s great, but given our unique focus on California tax incentives and grants, we’re open to interns who have the ability and desire to become dynamic professionals who think strategically, openly and creatively from a tax/finance/business perspective. An ideal candidate would wow us during their internship, graduate and then join us on a full-time basis.
Your internship responsibilities would be to assist our CIG professionals analyze the relationships between: (1) real business issues related to labor depth; capex; rising minimum wages; overseas manufacturing; supply-chain and environmental sustainability, (2) state and federal taxes, and (3) government tax/financial incentives made available to incentivize certain behaviors. Your main tasks would include research, writing, performing various calculations in excel and keeping yourself and your teammates organized.
Candidates applying should have the following qualifications:
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree with at least 60 units completed (degrees pursued in accounting, finance, economics, law, data science or engineering is a plus)
- Minimum college GPA of 3.30
- Ability to work 8 – 12 hours per week (25-30% remote)
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, consistently remain responsive and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Detail oriented, with excellent verbal/written communication and organizational skills
- A passion to learn and grow in a professional environment
- The desire to think openly, strategically and creatively from a micro and macro business perspective
Compensation is Hourly + Meaningful Bonus Opportunities (come on, look at the name of our firm).
If you’re interested and believe you could be a productive member of our team, please email resumes to: Careers@CALincentives.com
California Incentives Group is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.